Identity Management Customer Support
Identity Management Customer Support (IMCS) safeguards Virginia Tech by providing controlled access to the university's information technology resources. IMCS offers policies, procedures, and support that allow secure access to information resources, sustain administrative operations and complement the university's teaching, learning, research, and outreach missions.
- Digital Identity lifecycle management
- Identity and access customer support - Tier II escalated support
- User and Access Provisioning/Deprovisioning
- Enterprise Application Security Administration
Please see the Access site for policy and forms you will need to address your access or data management needs. Dedicated IMCS personnel are ready to help you with any questions you may have.
A digital identity includes an individual’s:
- Demographic information (Ex: Name, Address, Phone Number, Date of Birth)
- Numerical identifiers (Ex: UID, pidm, VT ID number)
- Credentials (Ex: PID, Oracle ID, Hokies ID)
- Identities are created in Virginia Tech’s electronic system based on an individual’s first interaction with VT.